Friday, July 18, 2008

Lesson Learned

Since my last post, I've completed my second novel, celebrated a birthday, traveled out of town, attended a family reunion, sat for an interview, and penned the first sentence of my third novel. Whew! What can I say? Life is GOOD and I am grateful! Every year around this time, I sit back and reflect on what the year has meant to me so far and for the first time, I'm going to share.

This year, for me, the idea of change has been a major factor. Good, bad, or indifferent, I've experienced some major changes in my life. One of them was the loss of an aunt who was near and dear to my heart. It literally knocked the wind out of my sail but at the same time taught me to appreciate life, family, and all the small things that we sometimes take for granted.

When you appreciate the small things, the world becomes a bigger, more beautiful place. Don't get me wrong, that can be hard to do in a time when the economy is staggering but when practiced regularly, it can be like second nature. So, that being said, my biggest lesson since January is learning to be grateful for the small things, in a world full of big things, helps to keep things in proper perspective.

Be Good.

~ABT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello ABT,

I just stumbled across your blog. Congratulations!

As a sign of respect, I tip my hat to you for persevering until you birthed your "Big Dream."

Thank you for sharing and daring to do your part to make a difference.

Manchild