Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself (excerpt from When Company Comes)

So often, my mind becomes clouded with fear. Fear of lack, limitation, and/or rejection. Fear, exposed, is false evidence appearing real. I had anxiety over the unknown; anticipating the unknown to be monstrous. It is up to me to assign qualities of goodness, through a positive attitude toward the unknown, track down the fear and expose its unreality. I can do this by realizing that my Higher Power is my inexhaustible resource, NOW and always and I am never alone. Today I will not be afraid. I turn my back to fear and I choose faith. Faith is that innate ability to know when it doesn’t show, that nothing but GOOD is waiting for me.

Today I Am Reminded:
It is in my power to make today a good one just by the way I think about it. Whatever I think about, I bring about. As long as I concentrate on today’s activity, and don’t borrow from the fears of what might happen tomorrow, then there won’t be room in my mind for worry.

Angela Bolden-Thompson
"When Company Comes"
www.lulu.com/content/859880

2 comments:

Lori said...

This is beautiful writing.

My Novel Ideas said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate it and you! God Bless and have a wonderful Holiday!