Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Feedback


Since When Company Comes's opening debut, I have received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback. Some personally and some via email. As with any book, no two responses are ever quite the same. One person may experience inspiration while another may experience empathy. Both are good because it is my intention to evoke some kind of emotion. But the real bonus comes when a reader receives more than just emotion. They actually get the message and it changes the course of his or her life.

I love it when that happens! For me, it is what makes writing worthwhile. (Ooops, did I say that out loud?) Okay. I guess this is the part where, those of you who think that my job is pretty easy, you should probably cover your eyes. Don't worry, I'll wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no peeking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

The truth of the matter is that while writing can be fun, it can also be stressful, mindbending, lonely, frustrating, long, compulsive, impulsive, nailbiting, hard, dramatic....did I mention that it can be fun? That being said- it's no different from the average 9 to 5. It takes commitment and discipline. If you still think it's easy then you are officially my hero!

Now...as I was saying before....

For me, it's moments like those that make it all worthwhile. I never know how my work will affect people or even if it will affect them at all. What I do know is that if I can reach one, and that one reaches another then the world becomes a better place because of it and I am grateful.

Readers, thank you so much for your generous feedback. I am always humbled by it.



I gotta get back to work! Be good.




--Angela Bolden-Thompson

No comments: