Thursday, June 11, 2009

Inquire Within (Excerpt from When Company Comes)

There were many times when I looked to others for comfort, security and other things that add up to what I now call “Tranquility.” It never failed; I always ended up with the short end. I have come to realize that I was looking in the wrong places. The source of my serenity is not outside of me but within me. The kingdom is within and I already have the key. All I have to do is utilize it. I do not need a plane or car to get there. Nor do I need someone else to help me reach it. Just as a fish doesn’t have to travel outside of the waters to get what it needs, neither do I. When life gets too chaotic, I simply unattach myself from the situation or circumstance, go within to that wellspring of peace, and draw from it whenever I need.

Today I Am Reminded:
I can go to my secret closet, whenever I choose, and recognize the continuous flow of spiritual power that resides within. I will remember to use that power to find balance in my life, world, and affairs.

From the novel
When Company Comes by A. Bolden-Thompson
www.lulu.com/content/859880

No comments: